I hope you will be aware of the feelings of the sinus patient. The sinus patient has a stuffy nose. Their eyes are burn. Their throat has stinging and irritating pain. At this point of misery, the remedies and recipes of mothers and grandmothers prove to be a magic wand. Here are the five most used natural remedies. These not only help to recover your normal routine but also improve your quality of life instantly.
- Copious amount of water
Drink as much fluid as you can. Liquids are absorbed in the thick mucus and ensures hydration. Resulting diluted mucus is drained smoothly preventing sinus pressure. Dry air creates problems such as sore throat and stuffy nose. For this, you can add the liquid to the environment through a humidifier. Thus, you require a large amount of fluid in the body and also outside the body for the potent relief of nasal sinuses.
- Nasal irrigation
- You just have to take one teaspoon of either sea salt or pickling salt and mix it with distilled water
- Also, add some baking soda to the solution
For immediate treatment of nasal congestion, steam is a very powerful self-care. It also works through the loosening of mucus. We can also add peppermint oil, camphor or eucalyptus oil to fastens the effect of steam. Peppermint oil contains menthol that stimulates the passage of air and creates the sensation of easy breathing.
- Chicken Soup
- The steam emerging from the soup thin the mucus and help in the drainage.
- It helps in the relaxation of smooth muscles of throat thus relieves from sore throat
- It helps in the proper function of cilia. The cilia are the hairs in the nasal cavity that trap pollution and other waste particles.
- The liquid itself has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects which help in the eradication of the disease.
- Warm and cold compresses
- Place a hot cloth over the nose and eyes for three minutes. The absorbed heat will lose the mucus and kill the causing bacteria and viruses.
- Then cover across the sinuses with a cold towel for a half minute. The low temperature will help in the management of sinusitis pain.
- Alternate both steps 3-4 times in a day.
- Ciprandi, G. &. (2021). Non-pharmacological remedies for the common cold. Minerva Pediatrics.
- Mahboubi, M. (2018). Natural therapeutic approach of Nigella sativa (Black seed) fixed oil in management of Sinusitis. integrative medicine research, 27-32.
Five home remedies for nasal polyps
Nasal polyps are soft, painless, noncancerous growths lining the nose and sinuses. They often occur in groups, like grapes and stems. The main causes of nasal polyps are allergic rhinitis, asthma, aspirin allergy, acute and chronic sinuses infection.Read more
Brain-Eating Infection And Neti Pot
Nasal irrigation (also called nasal lavage, nasal toilet, or nasal douche) is a personal hygiene practice in which the nasal cavity is washed to flush out mucus and debris from the nose and sinuses.Read more
Home remedies for sinus cleansing
I hope you will be aware of the feelings of the sinus patient. The sinus patient has a stuffy nose. Their eyes are burn. Their throat has stinging and irritating pain.Read more
Home remedies for cough and cold in toddlers
More than 200 different types of viruses especially Rhinoviruses cause these respiratory tract infections. In the cold mucous membrane of the nose and throat inflamed, typically causing runny or blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat, and coughing.Read more
5 Ways to Cure Cough Naturally
Nothing can be more irritating then an itching or a sore throat. Coughing is our body’s natural mechanism to expel excess mucus, bacteria ,allergens or irritants. A cough could be caused due to common cold, infection, flu, allergy or sometimes some other serious medical issues.Read more